vokoscreen is an easy to use open source screencast creator to record educational videos, live recordings of browser, installation, videoconferences, and much more.
The software uses ffgtk functionality and also supports recording of audio (over pulseaudio or alsa).
There is a demo of the software available.
- Simple to use graphical user interface.
- Record a fullscreen, a window, or a defined area.
- Magnification: 200×200, 400×200, 600×200.
- Zoom in and out.
- Capture using a webcam simultaneously.
- Click and capture.
- Video codecs supported: mpeg4, libx265.
- Formats supported: mkv, avi.
- Option not to record the mouse cursor.
- Hotkey support.
- Auto-hide feature (KDE and Gnome only) and control by taskbar.
- Internationalization support – available in 40 languages.
Developer: Volker Kohaupt
License: GNU GPL v2
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|