Swift Desktop is a multi-platform XMPP client for instant messaging and multi-user chat.
Swift contains a number of features that make it ideal for use in secure environments such as Military, Finance and Government.
This is free and open source software.
- Security Labels: Swift supports the security labelling of messages, ensuring that in both MUC rooms and 1:1 chats, messages can only be delivered to those with the security clearance required to view them (requires supports from an appropriate server).
- Trellis Mode: Enables the user to view several MUC rooms and 1:1 chats at the same time, instead of on a tabbed interface.
- Keyword/Phrase Highlighting: Easily create highlight rules for key words or phrases across multiple conversations, include the ability to highlight words or phrases only when used by specific individuals.
- Message Delivery Receipts: Swift can request and display an acknowledgement from the target user’s client (1:1 chat).
- Strong authentication using certificates and smart-cards as well as password-based SASL authentication mechanisms.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.