SunVox is a small, fast and powerful modular synthesizer with pattern-based sequencer (tracker).
It’s a tool for those people who like to compose music.
The software is freeware, but no source code is available.
The SunVox project consists of the following parts:
- modules generates the sound.
- patterns controls the modules (sends them notes and other commands).
- timeline determines the order of the patterns.
- Highly optimized synth algorithms, flexible architecture.
- Supported sound systems: ASIO, DirectSound, MME, ALSA, OSS, JACK, Audiobus, IAA.
- Supports 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
- Multitrack WAV export.
- MIDI In/Out/Import/Export.
- XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
- Real-time sample recording.
- Real-time recording of any types of sound events (notes, Touch Theremin, controllers).
- Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
- Full support for MIDI
- Many built-in modules (synths and effects) + ability to make very complex connections between them:
- Analog Generator.
- DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds.
- FM synthesizer.
- MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects).
- Sampler (multisample instrument).
- SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds).
- Side Chain Compressor.
- 3Band equalizer.
- Loop (for glitch effects).
- Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation).
- Vorbis Player.
- and many others …
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux x86, x86_64, ARM (Maemo-based devices, Raspberry Pi, PocketCHIP, etc.), ARM64 (PINE64 etc.). There’s also support for macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows CE.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|