qimgv is a Qt5 image viewer. It’s fast, configurable, and easy to use. It offers video support via libmpv.
The idea of qimgv is to have a uncluttered, simple and easy to use user interface (UI). You can see UI elements only when you need them.
There is a pull-down panel with thumbnails, as well as folder view (accessible by pressing Return).
You can also bring up a context menu by right-clicking an image.
- Simple user interface.
- Easy to use.
- Fully configurable, including shortcuts.
- Zoom in and out with configurable zoom step.
- Basic image editing: Crop, flip, rotate and resize.
- Ability to quickly copy / move images to different folders.
- Experimental video playback via libmpv. The software can play WebM and MP4 formats.
- Ability to run shell scripts.
- Full screen mode.
- Thumbnail panel with lots of configuration options.
- Scaling algorithms: Bilinear and nearest.
- Scripts. Run commands / shell scripts on a current image.
- Smooth scrolling
- Preloading function.
- Change the sorting mode on-the-fly.
- APNG is supported via third-party Qt plugin.
- Viewing RAW images is supported via qtraw plugin.
- Supports drag’n’dropping out of qimgv.
- HiDPI support.
- An attractive dark theme which should appear identical on every operating system / desktop environments.
License: GNU General Public License v3.0
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|