MB-Lab is a project aimed to create a scientific and powerful 3D humanoid editor, based on the popular ManuelBastioniLAB.
This software is based on the long experience gained during the realization of various 3d graphics projects, and collected python scripts, new algorithms, original prototypes and models developed by Manuel Bastioni.
It’s a community developed and supported project.
- Professional topology – complete mesh with teeth, tongue, eyelashes, gum, and eyes as part of main mesh to morph them and easily export them to external software. Optimized topology for subdivision surface and sculpting.
- Ready for animation – standard skeleton and a well tested rigging, developed to match most external applications and motion capture files. Auto fitting of skeleton. Inverse kinematics
- Anthropological phenotypes library – provides a library of preset that covers the most common human phenotypes.
- Advanced shaders – procedural texturing in addition to image maps. Provides support for both Cycles and EEVEE.
- Clothing and Hair – add clothing and hair assetsto MB-Lab characters. Proxy fitting allows the transfer of weights to assets.
- Parametric – Hundreds of morphing parameters. Fuzzy logic algorithm for interpolation permits to mix the parameters in real-time.
- Anime Characters – create Anime style characters, with custom advanced cell shader.
- Body Measure System – create a character just giving the body measures. Currently it supports 33 classic dimensions, as used in the most of anthropometric studies and researches.
- Facial Expressions – together with a library of facial expressions, a custom rig is provided to help animate faces.
- Blender 2.80 compatible.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. We've written reviews of more than 40 self-hosted apps. All are free and open source.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.