MB-Lab is a project aimed to create a scientific and powerful 3D humanoid editor, based on the popular ManuelBastioniLAB.
This software is based on the long experience gained during the realization of various 3d graphics projects, and collected python scripts, new algorithms, original prototypes and models developed by Manuel Bastioni.
It’s a community developed and supported project.
- Professional topology – complete mesh with teeth, tongue, eyelashes, gum, and eyes as part of main mesh to morph them and easily export them to external software. Optimized topology for subdivision surface and sculpting.
- Ready for animation – standard skeleton and a well tested rigging, developed to match most external applications and motion capture files. Auto fitting of skeleton. Inverse kinematics
- Anthropological phenotypes library – provides a library of preset that covers the most common human phenotypes.
- Advanced shaders – procedural texturing in addition to image maps. Provides support for both Cycles and EEVEE.
- Clothing and Hair – add clothing and hair assetsto MB-Lab characters. Proxy fitting allows the transfer of weights to assets.
- Parametric – Hundreds of morphing parameters. Fuzzy logic algorithm for interpolation permits to mix the parameters in real-time.
- Anime Characters – create Anime style characters, with custom advanced cell shader.
- Body Measure System – create a character just giving the body measures. Currently it supports 33 classic dimensions, as used in the most of anthropometric studies and researches.
- Facial Expressions – together with a library of facial expressions, a custom rig is provided to help animate faces.
- Blender 2.80 compatible.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.