The software has color support, text label support, and filled polygons support.
MapSCII uses 2D spatial indexing to avoid overlapping labels and markers, and to find labels underneath a mouse cursor’s position.
Other features of the software include:
- Use your mouse to drag and zoom in and out.
- Discover Point-of-Interests around any given location.
- Highly customizable layer styling with Mapbox Styles support. A Mapbox style is a document that defines the visual appearance of a map: what data to draw, the order to draw it in, and how to style the data when drawing it.
- Connect to any public or private vector tile server.
- Or just use the supplied and optimized OSM2VectorTiles based one.
- Work offline and discover local VectorTile MBTiles.
- Compatible with most Linux and OS X terminals.
- Highly optimized algorithms for a smooth experience.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. And it’ll run on anything that offers telnet capability.