KInfoCenter is a utility by KDE that provides information about the user’s system.
The software provides you with a centralized and convenient overview of your system and desktop environment.
The information center is made up of multiple modules. Each module is a separate application, but the information center organizes all of these programs into a convenient location.
Modules provide information on:
- System – shows a brief summary about your system, i.e. your distribution, KDE Plasma Version, KDE Frameworks Version, Qt Version, Kernel Version and OS Type; and in the hardware section information about Processors and Memory.
- Memory Information – displays the current memory usage. It is updated constantly, and can be very useful for pinpointing bottlenecks when certain applications are executed.
- Energy Information – provides information about CPU wakeups, battery percentage and consumption over a user defined history and detailed information about the battery.
- File Indexer Monitor – shows the state of the file indexer. If the indexer is not running you can start it and then suspend or resume the indexing.
- Device Information – shows all relevant devices that are present within your PC. It has three sections, a device viewer, a information panel and a UDI listing for the currently selected device.
- Graphical Information – with information about OpenGL, Wayland, and X-Server.
- Network Information – displays information about the network interfaces installed in your computer.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|