JasperReports is a widely used open source business intelligence and reporting engine. It is a reporting library. Its main purpose is to help create page-oriented, ready-to-print documents in a simple and flexible manner.
This software can be embedded into any Java application to generate print or web reporting. Further, JasperReports can be used to create output for further processing in applications such as OpenOffice.
Alternatively, reports can be easily imported into the JasperServer interactive report server.
JasperReports is part of the Jaspersoft Business Intelligence suite. The other applications include: iReport, JasperServer, JasperAnalysis, and JasperETL.
JaserReports is mature software, with development beginning in 2001.
- Flexible report layout.
- Flexible output options – PDF, HTML, Excel, RTF, ODT, CSV and XML files. The engine allows report definitions to include charts, with the rendering provided by the JFreeChart library which supports many chart layouts, such as Pie, Bar, Stacked Bar, Line, Area, Scatter Plot, Bubble, and Time series.
- Comprehensive charting.
- Drill Down analysis.
- Custom Calculation and Variables.
- Unlimited report size.
- Several graphical report desiners are available including iReport.
- Seamlessly Embeddable.
- Report sections.
- Report styles.
- Scriptlets may accompany the report definition, which the report definition can invoke at any point to perform additional processing.
- Multiple sources can be merged together.
- Unicode support.
- Support for macros added in XLS and XSLX exporters.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.