gPodder is an open source tool that downloads and manages free audio and video content (“podcasts”) for you.
Listen directly on your computer or on your mobile devices.
gPodder sports a simple GTK interface. The software package also includes a command-line interface. The command is called gpo.
- Supports RSS, Atom, YouTube, Soundcloud, Vimeo and XSPF feeds.
- Discover new content at gPodder’s Podcast directory.
- Synchronize between devices with full gpodder.net integration.
- Easily customizable – support for user-defined hooks and plugins.
- Organises podcasts.
- Manage your subscription list.
- Import from OPML file.
- Export to OPML file.
- Use a HTTP proxy server for downloading episodes and feeds.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.