FS-UAE is an Amiga emulator for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X based on UAE/WinUAE, with a focus on emulating games.
One of the unique feature of FS-UAE is support for cross-platform online play. You can play Amiga games against (or with) friends over the internet.
It’s released under an open source license.
- Emulates A500, A500+, A600, A1200, A1000, A3000 and A4000 models. Supports emulating an Amiga 4000 with an CPU as fast as your system can emulate it. Picasso96 drivers can be used with the built-in UAEgfx card to display Workbench in high resolutions and with up to 16.7 million colors, and the built-in bsdsocket.library means that the Amiga will have access to the Internet.
- On-screen graphical user interface.
- Easy-to-use graphical configuration program.
- Fully controllable with a gamepad. Good support for joysticks.
- Video synchronization – synchronize to your 50 Hz monitor (for PAL Amiga emulation) or 60 Hz monitor (for NTSC Amiga emulation) for perfect scrolling in games without any micro-stuttering.
- OpenGL is used for video output, with many options to tweak how the Amiga display is present.
- Integration with the OpenRetro Game Database allows FS-UAE to scan your Amiga game files and automatically create entries (with covers and screenshots) for recognized ADF, IPF CD, and WHDLoad games.
- Cross-platform online play. You can now play Amiga games against (or with) friends over the internet.
- Screenshot support.
- Internationalization support – translations are available for French, German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, and Serbian.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and Windows.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.