Cute Chess is an open source graphical user interface, command-line interface and a library for playing chess. Besides allowing you to play chess against a fellow human, you can play against a chess engine. The software offers a good range of features for the chess enthusiast.
The cutechess-cli program is run from the command line to automates chess engine tournaments.
The graphical client uses the Qt library.
- Attractive chess board with the option to flip the board.
- Opening book using polygot file.
- Syzygy tablebases.
- Game database with import facility (Portable Game Notation).
- Supports UCI chess engines.
- Tournaments – round robin, gauntlet, and knockout are supported.
- Evaluation of position for white and black.
- Show/hide – moves, tags, evaluation history, white’s evaluation, black’s evaluation, and engine debug information.
- Supports a wide range of chess variants: 3check, 5check, atomic, berolina, capablanca, caparandom, checkless, chessgi, crazyhouse, extinction, fischerandom, gothic, horde, janus, kinglet, kingofthehill, loop, losers, and racingkings.
- Supports the “UCI_Variant” UCI option
Developer: Ilari Pihlajisto, Arto Jonsson and contributors
License: GNU GPL v3 (a few components are published under the MIT license)
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|