ChessX is a chess database application.
With ChessX you can operate on your collection of chess games in many ways: browse, edit, add, organize, analyze, etc.
ChessX is free and open source software.
- Load and save PGN files.
- Work with multiple databases simultaneously.
- Browse games, including variations.
- Enter moves, variations, comments.
- Setup board, copy/paste FEN.
- Search header (click on columns in GameList header).
- Display opening tree for current position.
- Analyze using UCI and Winboard/Xboard Chess engines.
- Training mode (next move is hidden).
- Integrated Stockfish engine.
- Lichess Opening Databases.
- Nalimov and Syzgy Tablebases.
- Play Online on Free Internet Chess Server (FICS).
- Read support for Scid binary database (*.si4)
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|