cdist is a usable configuration management system. It adheres to the KISS principle and is being used in small up to enterprise grade environments.
It natively supports IPv6 since the first release.
cdist is an alternative to other configuration management systems.
- Simple – one type to extend cdist.
- Type and core cleanly separated.
- Sticks completely to the KISS (keep it simple and stupid) paradigm.
- Meaningful error messages – do not lose time debugging error messages.
- Consistency in behaviour, naming and documentation.
- No surprise factor: Only do what is obviously clear, no magic.
- Define target state, do not focus on methods or scripts.
- Push architecture: Instantly apply your changes.
- Small core.
- Fast development.
- No central server needed, cdist operates in push mode and can be run from any computer.
- Configured in POSIX shell.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and Mac OS X.
|Want to find more awesome open source software? Check out our award winning open source software directory featuring more than 20,000 open source apps.|