bftpd is a small, easy-to-configure FTP server that uses chroot without special setup or directory preparation. It strives to be fast, secure and quick to install and configure.
bftpd runs in either standalone or inetd mode.
bftpd is free and open source software.
- Easy configuration.
- Support for most RFC FTP commands.
- tar.gz on-the-fly compression/archiving.
- Security with chroot without special setup.
- No need for files (sh, ls…) in a chroot environment.
- Logging to wtmp and to a logfile or syslog.
- PAM and passwd/shadow support.
- Support for SITE CHOWN/CHMOD.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, BSD/OS, FreeBSD, Solaris, DG-UX, and Tru64.
Developer: Jesse Smith
License: GNU General Public License v2.0
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|