TC:E, TrueCombat Elite, TCElite is a modern world total conversion modification of the free, popular, stand-alone FPS (first-person shooter) Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
The game is a fast-paced modern tactical shooter with a focus on close-quarters gunfights and objective oriented teamplay. Two teams engage each other using modern weaponry, in the objective game mode there is one defending team.
One of the most notable features, which often confuses new players, is that there is no crosshair. Instead, the gun’s iron sights are used. The gun can also be fired from a lowered position without using the iron sights, but at a loss of accuracy.
- Tactical-teamplay oriented, modern-world combat simulation.
- Realistic weapon behavior simulation.
- Iron sight aiming system, no crosshair.
- Sophisticated ballistic simulation including multiple-layer object penetration.
- Professional mode: 1-life, short-timed, objective driven scenarios in realistic environments.
- Independent minimods: objective, bodycount and capture the flag
- Balanced, team specific set of real-world weapons (Beretta 92, Glock 19, Ump45, Mac-10, M4, Ak-47, and much more).
- Rich, deluxe graphics, based on high-resolution digital-camera shots and HDR lighting.
- Lag compensation, client-side bullet prediction, punkbuster support
- Immersive and lethal, fast-paced action.
- Two different teams:
- Texture Tone Mapping.
- HDR Lighting.
- Realistic scaling.
- Free climbing.
- Free Aim.
- Letterbox & widescreen modes – TrueVision.
- Dynamic Eye Adaption (DynEA).
- Bodycount mode: team deathmatch style, gametype to relax?
- Reinforced OBJ, as Capture the Flag in stock maps.
- High quality sounds.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.