Matomo (formerly Piwik) aims to be the ultimate open source alternative to Google Analytics. Matomo tracks online visits to one or more websites and displays reports on these visits for analysis. It provides detailed reports on your website and its visitors, including the search engines and keywords they used, the language they speak, which pages they like, the files they download and so much more.
Matomo is written in PHP5 using a MySQL database.
Matomo is the successor to phpMyVisites.
- All standard statistics reports: top keywords and search engines, websites, top page URLs, page titles, user countries, providers, operating system, browser marketshare, screen resolution, Desktop VS Mobile, engagement (time on site, pages per visit, repeated visits), top campaigns, custom variables, top entry/exit pages, downloaded files, and many more, classified into four main analytics report categories – Visitors, Actions, Referrers, Goals/Ecommerce (30+ reports).
- Real time data updates.
- Get a detailed view of your visitors, pages they have visited and goals they have triggered.
- Customizable Dashboard — and create new dashboards as you see fit!
- All Websites Dashboard.
- Beautiful historical reports.
- Analytics for Ecommerce.
- Ecommerce – including abandoned carts and products & categories reporting.
- Goal conversion tracking.
- Track custom variables.
- Track Searches done on your internal search engine (Site Search Analytics).
- Geo Locate your visitors for accurate detection of Country, Region, City, Organization.
- Visitors World Map: View the visitors statistics by Country, Region, City.
- Piwik also offers a Real time World Map which auto updates showing your latest visitors.
- Pages Transitions: view what visitors did before, and after a specific page.
- Page Overlay: A visual and powerful way to look at your Page views reports, the statistics are directly displayed on overlay on top of your website.
- Site Speed and Load time, page speed reports.
- Custom Segments Editor: Create, save, edit Custom Segments, to apply advanced filtering on your visitors.
- Automatic tracking of file downloads.
- Automatic tracking of clicks on external website links.
- Optional tracking of 404 pages.
- Analytics campaign tracking.
- Automatically detects Google Analytics campaign parameters in your URLs.
- More than 800 Search Engines tracked.
- Scheduled email reports (PDF and HTML reports).
- Embed reports in your app or website, 40+ Widgets available…
- … or embed (beautiful) PNG Graphs in any custom page, email, or app!
- Optionally make your statistics public.
- No data limit, you can keep all your data.
- Create text annotations in your Graphs, to annotate particular events or notes for a given day.
- Manage unlimited users.
- Set user access to multiple websites.
- Manage unlimited websites.
- Exclude IPs and IP ranges.
- Exclude URL parameters.
- Timezone support, for each website.
- Supports 100+ currencies.
- Powerful options to White Label Piwik are available, ideal for large agencies or when you need a clean, branded Piwik interface.
- Upload your custom logo for UI and email reports.
- Automatically delete old logs and old data reports to keep you database size small.
- Integrates with more than 40 CMS, web frameworks or Ecommerce shops.
- More advanced user settings.
- Tracking API:
- Asynchronous code for faster page loads.
- Track & record any data using the REST Tracking API, via the PHP Tracking API Client or the Java Tracking API client.
- Track custom page URLs and page titles.
- Track subdomains.
- Supports both 1st party cookies (default) and 3rd party cookie (optional).
- Import your Apache, Nginx, IIS server logs for processing in Matomo!
- Track server speed generation time for each Page view.
- Data Export & APIs
- Data Export in Excel, XML, Json and more!
- Fully-featured analytics API.
- Administration API (REST) to create/update/delete pragmatically: users API, websites API, goals API, etc.
- Segmentation support in the API.
- Log Analytics:
- Reprocess historical data from your server logfiles.
- Report server errors and other http status codes.
- Track and identify search engine and other bots.
- Keep your data private on your server.
- User Privacy:
- Privacy compliant web analytics.
- Setting to anonymise your visitors’ IPs.
- Iframe included to let your visitor opt-out of Piwik tracking.
- DoNotTrack support by default.
- Use 1st party cookies by default, with an option to enable third party cookies.
Support: GitHub Code Repository
Developer: Matthieu Aubry and many contributors
License: GNU GPL v3
Matomo is written in PHP. Learn PHP with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|