Pithos is an open source native Pandora Radio client for Linux. It offers a lightweight alternative to the official Pandora.com web client.
The graphical user interface integrates with desktop features such as media keys, notifications, and the sound menu.
Pithos is not affiliated with or endorsed by Pandora Media, Inc.
- Play / Pause / Next Song.
- Switching stations.
- Remembers your user name and password.
- Bookmarking of songs and artists.
- Cover Art.
- Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down / Tired of this song.
- Notification popup with song info.
- Launching pandora.com song info page and station page.
- Reconnecting when pandora session times out.
- Editing QuickMix.
- Creating stations.
- Media Key support.
- Proxy support.
- Last.fm scrobbling support.
- Volume control.
- Plugins including Screensaver pause.
- Two DBUS APIs: MPRIS and Pithos.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.