FocusWriter is a simple, distraction-free word processor. It uses a hide-away interface that you access by moving your mouse to the edges of the screen, allowing the program to have a familiar look and feel to it while still getting out of the way so that you can immerse yourself in your work. Improve your writing productivity.
FocusWriter allows you to customize your environment by creating themes that control the font, colors, and background image to add ambiance. It also has on-the-fly updating statistics, daily goals, multiple open documents, spell-checking, and much more.
When you open the program your current work in progress will automatically load and position you where you last left off so that you can immediately jump back in.
- Timers and alarms.
- Session management.
- Daily goals.
- Fully customizable themes.
- Auto-save (optional).
- Live statistics (optional). Statistics include word count, page count, paragraph count, and character count.
- Spell-checking (optional) for supported languages, on-the-fly, or performed in the background.
- Multi-document support.
- Portable mode (optional).
- Scene list sidebar.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- TXT, basic RTF, and basic ODT file support.
- Basic support for Office Open XML files.
- Typewriter sound effects (optional).
- Translated into over 20 languages including Armenian, Lithuanian, Czech, Dutch, Greek, Finnish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Romanian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, and Chinese.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.