Ulauncher is a fast application launcher for Linux.
It has a minimal design, dependent on only a few resources, very fast, and works on virtually all Linux desktops. The software is written in Python, using GTK+.
The software is released under an open source license.
- Get instant search results as soon as you start typing.
- Fuzzy search – helps you find the software you’re looking for. The program also remembers your previous choices.
- Swift directory search.
- Custom color themes – there are 4 themes built-in, and you can create your own.
- Good range of extensions are available, and you can create your own. Ulauncher extensions are Python 2 programs that run as separate processes along with the app. Extensions have the same capabilities as any other program – they can access your directories, make network requests, etc. They receive the same rights as a user that runs Ulauncher.
- Shortcuts allow opening Web URLs in the default browser or executing custom scripts.
- Auto-downloads missing extensions.
- Fast directory browser. Type ~ or / to start. Press Alt+Enter to access an alt menu.
- Shortcuts for web search and user scripts.
- Wayland support.
- Launch Google and Wikipedia searches.
- Developer provides support for Debian, CentOS, Fedora, openSuSE, and Ubuntu.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.