The sole purpose of sxiv is to be the perfect image viewer for its developer.
It has two modes of operation: image and thumbnail mode. The default is image mode, in which only the current image is shown. In thumbnail mode a grid of small previews is displayed, making it easy to choose an image to open.
It is free software so that you can use it and modify it for your needs.
sxiv is meant for X11 graphics based machines only.
- Basic image operations, e.g. zooming, panning, rotating.
- Customizable key and mouse button mappings.
- Thumbnail mode: grid of selectable previews of all images.
- Ability to cache thumbnails for fast re-loading.
- Basic support for multi-frame images.
- Load all frames from GIF files and play GIF animations.
- Display image information in status bar.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- The information displayed on the left side of the status bar can be replaced with the output of a user-provided script, which is called by sxiv whenever an image gets loaded.
Developer: Bert Münnich and contributors
License: GNU General Public License v2.0
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|