RoadRunner is a high-performance PHP application server, load balancer, and process manager. It supports running as a service with the ability to extend its functionality on a per-project basis.
RoadRunner includes PSR-7/PSR-17 compatible HTTP and HTTP/2 server and can be used to replace the classic Nginx+FPM setup.
RoadRunner is free and open source software.
- PCI DSS compliant.
- PSR-7 HTTP server (file uploads, error handling, static files, hot reload, middlewares, event listeners).
- HTTPS and HTTP/2 support (including HTTP/2 Push, H2C).
- Fully customizable server, FastCGI support.
- Flexible environment configuration.
- No external PHP dependencies (64bit version required), drop-in (based on Goridge).
- Load balancer, process manager and task pipeline.
- Frontend agnostic (Queue, PSR-7, GRPC, etc).
- Integrated metrics (Prometheus).
- Works over TCP, UNIX sockets and standard pipes.
- Automatic worker replacement and safe PHP process destruction.
- Worker create/allocate/destroy timeouts.
- Max jobs per worker.
- Worker lifecycle management (controller):
- maxMemory (graceful stop).
- TTL (graceful stop).
- idleTTL (graceful stop).
- execTTL (brute, max_execution_time).
- Payload context and body.
- Protocol, worker and job level error management (including PHP errors).
- Very fast (~250k rpc calls per second on Ryzen 1700X using 16 threads).
- Integrations with Symfony, Laravel, Slim, CakePHP, Zend Expressive.
- Application server for Spiral.
- Automatic reloading on file changes.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux and Windows (Unix sockets (AF_UNIX) supported on Windows 10).
|Want to find more awesome open source software? Check out our award winning open source software directory featuring more than 20,000 open source apps.|