Raptor is an open source, multi-platform chess interface for the Free Internet Chess Server (FICS).
FICS is one of the oldest and largest internet chess servers, a volunteer-run Internet chess server.
The software is written in Java.
- Highly configurable.
- Tabs – games, seeks, bug buttons, bug who, and regular expression.
- Common actions on FICS are available in a menu.
- Timeseal support – compensates for lag at your end.
- Access endgame bot – a bot that plays all endgames up to 6 men.
- Themes – Babaschess, Cayenne, Chrome, Jin, Midnight, Ocean, Raptor, Snow, and Thief.
- Configurable layout and zoom.
- Open PGN files.
- Install chess sets.
- Save the contents of the console.
- Bughouse support.
- Supports action scripts, action key bindings, chat event scripts, and right-click scripts.
- Uses speech in scripting.
- Cross platform support – runs under Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX.
- Internationalization support – Chinese, English, and Italian languages are supported.
Developer: Unihedron and contributors
License: BSD New License
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|