Last Updated on July 12, 2021
OpenProject is an open source web-based project management system for location-independent team collaboration.
This is an an easy-to-use, feature-rich application for project management and team collaboration.
OpenProject is mature software. Development started in 2012.
- Project planning and scheduling
- Gantt charts.
- Timeline project management – schedule your tasks and visualize the required steps to complete your project with:
- Daily up to yearly timeline.
- Real-time updates.
- Integrated task management.
- Multi-project timeline report.
- Follows-precedes relationships/
- Fully customizable columns and filters.
- Product roadmap and release planning. Plan, visualize, and communicate your product roadmap with:
- Multi-project roadmap
- Analyze status, priority, assigned person.
- Scoped based on user permissions.
- Compare estimated time and actual time.
- Document key information in wiki.
- Task management and team collaboration – create, assign and manage your work with:
- Inline editing.
- Integrated Gantt chart.
- Custom permissions, fields and workflows.
- Export to PDF, XLS and CSV formats.
- Zen mode.
- Email updates.
- Kanban, Agile and Scrum. OpenProject supports the Agile development process from start to finish.
- Time tracking, cost reporting and budgeting. Time and costs can be easily tracked on tasks. Define project budgets, easily assign tasks to it and stay informed about how your team is performing. Use cost reports for in-depth analysis and share your reports with other users.
- Bug tracking – offers an easy way to report, track, and fix bugs.
- Wikis – collaboratively create and maintain a project wiki.
- Meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- WYSIWYG text editor.
- Intelligent workflows.
- Docker images are available for easy installation.
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Awesome Free Linux Games Tools showcases a series of tools that making gaming on Linux a more pleasurable experience. This is a new series.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Alternatives to popular CLI tools showcases essential tools that are modern replacements for core Linux utilities.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts. Great ways to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|