OpenProject is an open source web-based project management system for location-independent team collaboration.
This is an an easy-to-use, feature-rich application for project management and team collaboration.
OpenProject is mature software. Development started in 2012.
- Project planning and scheduling
- Gantt charts.
- Timeline project management – schedule your tasks and visualize the required steps to complete your project with:
- Daily up to yearly timeline.
- Real-time updates.
- Integrated task management.
- Multi-project timeline report.
- Follows-precedes relationships/
- Fully customizable columns and filters.
- Product roadmap and release planning. Plan, visualize, and communicate your product roadmap with:
- Multi-project roadmap
- Analyze status, priority, assigned person.
- Scoped based on user permissions.
- Compare estimated time and actual time.
- Document key information in wiki.
- Task management and team collaboration – create, assign and manage your work with:
- Inline editing.
- Integrated Gantt chart.
- Custom permissions, fields and workflows.
- Export to PDF, XLS and CSV formats.
- Zen mode.
- Email updates.
- Kanban, Agile and Scrum. OpenProject supports the Agile development process from start to finish.
- Time tracking, cost reporting and budgeting. Time and costs can be easily tracked on tasks. Define project budgets, easily assign tasks to it and stay informed about how your team is performing. Use cost reports for in-depth analysis and share your reports with other users.
- Bug tracking – offers an easy way to report, track, and fix bugs.
- Wikis – collaboratively create and maintain a project wiki.
- Meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- WYSIWYG text editor.
- Intelligent workflows.
- Docker images are available for easy installation.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.