ncview is open source software to get a quick and easy viewer for NetCDF files.
With this application, you can view simple movies of the data, view along various dimensions, take a look at the actual data values, change color maps, invert the data and other simple visual operations.
ncview depends on netcdf version 4 will full HDF5 support.
- Displays a 2-dimensional, color representation of data in a netCDF file.
- Useful for quickly inspecting model data.
- Animate the data in time (making simple movies).
- Flip the picture.
- Enlarge the picture.
- Scan through various axes.
- Change colourmaps.
- Plot the data in X-Y plots.
- udunits support – time axes that use the conventions in the udunits package.
Developer: David W. Pierce
License: GNU GPL v3
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.