Jose is a creative graphical chess utility that allows users to store your chess games within a MySQL database using a graphical frontend.
You can view and edit games (including variations and comments). You can play against a plugged-in chess engine and use it for analysis. This software also features a 3D board view.
jose comes supplied with the Toga II chess engine. It is supplied with a fairly small opening book, but you can also download other opening books of different sizes.
Of particular interest are the optional 10,000 selected grandmaster games, 500,000 games spanning over two centuries, and an enormous 1.5 million game database. There are also bonus textures for board and pieces available.
- Graphical frontend to MySQL database.
- Read and write PGN (Portable Game Notations) files.
- 2D and 3D view.
- Edit games, insert comments, variations.
- Plug-in chess engine for play and analysis; supports both xboard and UCI protocol.
- Play Fischer Random Chess / Chess 960, or Shuffle Chess.
- Opening Books.
- ECO opening classification.
- Position Search.
- Create HTML and PDF files.
- EPD/FEN import.
- Web Servlet interface.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|