jclouds is a cloud agnostic library for the JVM that enables developers to access a variety of supported cloud providers using one API.
jclouds tests support of 30 cloud providers and cloud software stacks including Amazon, Azure, GoGrid, Ninefold, OpenStack, Rackspace, and vCloud.
The jclouds Compute API provides a basic abstraction across Compute APIs such as Amazon EC2 and VMware vCloud.
- Simple interface.
- Runtime portability.
- Handles issues such as transient failures and redirects that traditional network based computing introduces.
- Write your unit tests without mocking complexity or the brittleness of remote connections.
- Asynchronous commands and tunable http, date, encryption, and encryption modules.
- Location-aware abstractions.
- Supported providers: AWS, Bluelock, CloudSigma US, CloudSigma CH, ElasticHosts GB, ElasticHosts US, Go2Cloud, GoGrid, Green House Data, HP, Ninefold, OpenHosting, Rackspace UK, Rackspace US, SeverLove, SkaliCloud, SoftLayer, Stratogen, TRMK, and TryStack.
- Supported APIs: Abiquo, AWS, Bring Your Own Node, CloudSigma, CloudStack, ElasticStack, OpenStack, and vCloud.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Alternatives to Microsoft's Products and Services recommends open source Linux software.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|