Freetalk is a console based chat client for Google Hangout and other XMPP servers. It has context sensitive auto-completion for buddy names, commands, and even ordinary English words.
Similar to GNU Emacs, you can customize and extend Freetalk with Scheme language.
Freetalk is free and open source software.
- Highly extensible through ‘Scheme’ language.
- Console based client with Readline interface featuring command line editing, history, context sensitive autocompletion etc.
- Most of the features in Freetalk are fully customizable, either through command line arguments, or startup file.
- With a new concept called ‘dynamic-commands’, a command can appear and disappear dynamically, based on the context.
- History feature records all your conversions in ~/.freetalk/history/login-id/buddy-name.
Support: Documentation, Mailing List
Developer: Anand Babu, Harshavardhana, Anis Elleuch, Nikola Beneš
License: GNU General Public License; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|