Delta3D is an open source game and simulation engine.
Specifically, Delta3D is a fully-featured game engine appropriate for a wide variety of uses including training, education, visualization, and entertainment.
Delta3D offers features specifically suited to the Modeling and Simulation and DoD communities such as High Level Architecture (HLA), After Action Review (AAR), large scale terrain support, and SCORM Learning Management System (LMS) integration.
The primary goal of Delta3D is to provide a single, flexible Application Programming Interface with the basic elements needed by all visualization applications. In addition to the underlying components, Delta3D provides a variety of tools such as the Simulation, Training, and Game Editor (STAGE), the BSP Compiler, the particle editor, a stand-alone model viewer, and a HLA Stealth Viewer.
- Input device mapping (Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick, Trackers).
- Motion models (Fly, UFO, Walk, Orbit, First Person).
- Environment rendering (clouds, haze, skyboxes, time of day).
- Particle System Effects (Smoke, Explosion, Custom).
- Terrain Rendering (Infinite Procedural terrain, Heightfield-based terrain)
- File loading:
- .3dc, .3ds, .ac, .dw, .flt, .geo, .ive, .logo, .lwo, .lws, .md2, .obj, .osg, .tgz, .x, .zip.
- .bmp, .dds, .gif, .jpg, .pic, .png, .pnm, .rgb, .tga, .tiff, .txp
- Camera controls (Field of View, Tripod) Multiple camera support.
- Multiple window support.
- Physics (Rigid Body, Collision Detection, Auto-bounding shapes).
- Open GL Lighting.
- Bezier path nodes.
- Full OpenGL 2.0 support.
- GLSL Vertex and Fragment Shaders.
Developer: MOVES Institute
License: GNU LGPL
|Want to find more awesome open source software? Check out our award winning open source software directory featuring more than 20,000 open source apps.|