Cinelerra has 3 main functions: capturing, compositing, and editing audio and video with sample level accuracy. It is an integration of audio, video, and still photos using multithreading.
There are two branches of Cinelerra. One can be found at https://www.heroinewarrior.com (Cinelerra) and the other at https://cvs.cinelerra.org (Cinelerra-CV). The official Cinelerra source code is developed “upstream” by Heroine Virtual, Ltd (HV). HV shares its code base with a community version of Cinelerra (Cinelerra-CV), but does not actively participate with the community of developers responsible for Cinelerra-CV.
Cinelerra includes support for high-fidelity audio and video: it processes audio using 64 bits of precision, works in both RGBA and YUVA color spaces, using floating-point and 16-bit integer representations. It is resolution and frame rate-independent, meaning that it can support video of any speed and size.
- Supports real time editing and background rendering for 1080p, 1080i, and 720p video modes.
- Unlimited audio & video tracks.
- Multiple image sequence.
- Nested sequences.
- Batch Capture and rendering.
- Swap channels support OpenGL.
- Real Time 1080p effects, tilting, cuts, dissolves.
- Free Form Editing.
- Video Effects including: Aging TV, Blur, Sharpen, YUV, Holographic Video, Chroma-Key, Freeze Frame, Zoom Blur, and more.
- Audio Effects including: Gain, De-noise, De-Spike, Compressor, and more.
- Graphic EQ.
- FLAC audio.
- Audio oscilloscope.
- Sectrogram horizontal zoom and colour.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.