BFE is a modern layer 7 load balancer.
BFE is written in a memory safety language and immune to Buffer Overflow vulnerability. BFE recovers from the runtime panics and handles them appropriately without killing the BFE process.
BFE is free and open source software.
- Multi-tenancy – designed to provide every tenant a dedicated share of the instance. Each tenant’s configuration is isolated and remains invisible to other tenants.
- Multiple protocols – supports HTTP, HTTPS, SPDY, HTTP2, gRPC, WebSocket, TLS, FastCGI, etc.
- Routing – provides an advanced domain-specific language to describe routing rules which are easy to understand and maintain.
- Load balancing – supports global load balancing and distributed load balancing for zone aware balancing, zone level failure resilience, overload protection etc.
- Observability – includes detailed built-in metrics for all subsystems. BFE writes various logs for trouble shooting, data analysis and visualization. BFE also supports distributed tracing.
- Easy integration – easily integrated with mainstream layer 4 load balancing solution, and other ecosystem projects(e.g. Kubernetes, Prometheus, Jaeger, Fluentd etc).
- Many builtin plugins for traffic management, security, observability, etc.
- Plugin framework – makes it easy to extend functionality.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Mac OS, Windows, and other operating systems
|Want to find more awesome open source software? Check out our award winning open source software directory featuring more than 20,000 open source apps.|