Serena is a free short point-and-click adventure. It is the result of a massive collaborative effort between dozens of fans and designers of adventure games. Developers from renowned indie companies Senscape, CBE Software, Infamous Quests, Digital Media Workshop, Guys from Andromeda, and many more have contributed to this project. Rallying to support the venerable genre and its passionate community, these developers have brought together a grim and highly detailed horror story in what is the largest, possibly even the first, game project of its kind.
How long has it been? A man sits in a distant getaway cabin waiting for his wife Serena. Where is she? Things in the cabin evoke memories, and the husband comes to a disturbing realization.
Senscape was founded in 2010.
- Enthralling story line.
- A (twisted) love letter to the adventure game community.
- Over 40 contributors provided their wit and talents.
- Extremely depressive mood, and a bit of fear here and there.
- A haunting story that will challenge your intellect (and temerity).
- Amazing voice acting by legendary adventure game designer Josh Mandel.
- More awesome acting by popular video producer Pushing Up Roses.
- Surprise cameo by an ex-designer from Sierra.
- Gut-wrenching atmosphere.
- Features the open-source engine: Dagon, specially tailored for adventure games and based on open technologies. Featuring a deceptively simple scripting language, blazing fast performance.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.