SOSS is software which pairs the players in chess tournaments, a so called “chess pairing program”.
SOSS is a bit different from other chess pairing programs in that it has a strong focus on the complete event, not only the pairing.
Allegro is used as the graphical platform for SOSS.
- The method for entering the results can be chosen to any (or a combination) of: keyboard, mouse click and bar code reader(s).
- Manage multiple groups in the same session (e.g. different age-groups in youth events).
- Carries out splitting into multiple sub groups based on average rating if necessary
- Clubs are real objects. This minimises the risk that players from the same club appears as coming from different due to mis-spelling of the club name. This is important if team competitions are used.
- Multiple competitions in one event.
- Simple to define different types of team competitions, based on individual competitions.
- Manages the “Schack-4” (chess-4) type of tournament.
- Also manages leaders etc. (especially useful in youth events).
- Administrates e-mail and web addresses.
- Can also be used for bookings like entrance fees.
- The print outs can be adapted in an arbitrary way concerning the format as well as the content.
- Generates attractive web pages with customised content (e.g. the current standings, the final results etc).
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|