Red Eclipse is a single-player and multi-player first-person ego-shooter, built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2.
This lends itself toward a balanced gameplay, completely at the control of map makers, while maintaining a general theme of agility in a variety of environments.
In a true open source by the people for the people nature, it tries to work closely with the gaming and open source communities to provide a better overall experience, taking all sorts of feedback from your average player, to your seasoned developer, aiming to create a story-driven game environment that is flexible, fun, easy to use, and pleasing to the eye.
- Agile gameplay: sprint, wall run/kick, and impulse dash.
- Balanced gameplay, completely at the control of map makers, while maintaining a general theme of agility in a variety of environments.
- Game modes: Campaign, Cooperative, Objective, Capture the Flag, Elimination and Deathmatch.
- Built-in edtior for creating your own maps.
- Mutators which modify the gameplay including:
Developer: Quinton Reeves, Lee Salzman
License: zlib/libpng license
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.