‘Q’ DVD-Author is a GUI frontend for dvdauthor and related tools. The application has been updated to use Qt5, the latest version of Qt.
The goal is to provide an easy-to-use, yet powerful and complete interface to generate DVD menus, slideshows, and videos to burn on a DVD.
‘Q’ DVD-Author uses one of three tools to convert the input video: video-to-DVD, a script from the videotrans project; transcode; and MEncoder.
The software has been translated into German, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, and Esperanto. It comes with a built-in library of approximately 200 objects such as buttons and frames, and offers 22 templates.
- Use a simple Template dialog to create your menus.
- Convert the whole project from PAL to NTSC and from NTSC to PAL.
- Generate the main menu.
- Generate Sub Menus.
- Create Subtitles for your videos.
- Transcode your input videos.
- Apply multiple audio streams to the input videos.
- Generate Buttons.
- Scale, color, stretch, twist and shout each object.
- Give each menu multiple sound tracks.
- Generate a dvd-slideshow.
- Create a full blown DVD without knowing the command line tools.
- Modify every generated command before executing and generating the DVD.
- Create animated menus (moving stuff around).
- Generate MovieMenus.
- Generate MovieButtons.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.