Plume Creator is an open source project manager and rich text editor for writers in a quest of a complete, yet simple, way of writing and organizing their work.
Plume Creator lets you write your stories in chapters and scenes, write full screen, edit notes and synopses, export in .html and .odt, edit in rich text, manage characters, places and items.
This is a cross-platform tool.
- Rich text editing.
- Full screen mode.
- Chapters and scenes outlining.
- Note taking.
- Manage characters, places and items.
- Support for multiple projects.
- Styles, with a style manager. Two default styles: Normal and poetry.
- Basic spreadsheet outliner (currently in an early stage of development).
- Tools – Stats.
- Export to .html and .odt formats.
- Desktop and Netbook displays.
- Auto save with configurable period.
- Option to prevent multiple space characters between words.
- Internationalization support – English, French, Italian, German, and Portuguese.
Developer: Cyril Jacquet
License: GNU GPL v3
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.