Pinta is an open source image manipulation program that mimics the usability of Paint.Net.
Its goal is to provide a simplified experience for casual users.
Pinta has many features typical of image editing software including drawing tools, image filters and colour adjustment tools.
- Drawing tools – use easy drawing tools (paintbrush, pencil, shapes etc) to draw freehand, lines, rectangles, ellipses, and more.
- Unlimited layers – layers to help separate and group elements of your image for easy editing
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- Over 35 adjustments and effects for tweaking your images such as motion blur, glow, red eye removal, Julia fractal, and warp.
- Pad docking library – show, hide, move, resize, and undock the various pads into the configuration that fits your work style.
- Flexible toolbar arrangement, including floating as windows or docking around the image edge.
- Support for many more file formats including OpenRaster.
- Extension manager.
- Internationalization support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.