HyperDex is an open source distributed, searchable, and consistent key-value store. HyperDex Warp combines NoSQL performance with ACID transactions.
Atomicity, isolation, fault-tolerance and one-copy serializability guarantees make it easier than ever to write applications that operate transactionally over multiple objects.
HyperDex servers run on 64 bit Linux servers. HyperDex comes precompiled for a variety of platforms. Packages are available for Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and CentOS.
- Lower latency, higher throughput, and lower variance than other key-value stores.
- Offers ACID transactions with one-copy serializability.
- Supports “multi-key transactions” – transactions involving multiple objects.
- Searchable with efficient lookups of secondary data attributes and hyperspace hashing to enable efficient search.
- Rich API for a variety of scripting and native languages.
- Strong consistency guarantees. It provides one-copy serializability for transactions and linearizability for key-based operations, consistency guarantees that are ordinarily only found in traditional RDBMS systems.
- Fault tolerance – can withstand a threshold of failures desired by the application. HyperDex automatically replicates data on multiple machines so that concurrent failures, up to an application-determined limit, will not cause data loss.
- Modern NoSQL store. It keeps all data sharded across a collection of machines, and uses novel techniques to coordinate the data on this cluster to provide its features.
- Low maintenance.
- HyperDex Warp provides a true transactional interface.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|