GnomeBaker is a free CD/DVD authoring application for GNU/Linux and other Unix-like operating systems.
GnomeBaker features an intuitive interface.
It is part of the GNOME desktop environment.
- Create data CDs.
- Blank rewritable disks.
- Burn DVDs.
- Burn data cds on the fly.
- Burn Cue/Bin files.
- Copy data CDs.
- Copy audio CDs.
- Import M3u and pls audio playlists.
- Support multisession burning.
- Record to and burn from existing CD ISO images.
- Can burn via SCSI and ATAPI on Linux kernels 2.4 and 2.6. Basically if cdrecord works, then GnomeBaker will work.
- Drag and drop to create data CDs (including drag and drop to/from the Nautilus file manager).
- Create audio CDs from existing WAV, MP3, FLAC, and Ogg files.
- Integrate with GConf for storage of application settings.
Developer: Luke Biddell, Christoffer Soerensen, Goedson Teixeira Paixao, Ignacio, Pygi, rgavril, and Lasse Bang Mikkelsen
License: GNU GPL v2
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.