GloboNote is a simple and easy to use open source note taking application. This software lets you create sticky notes, to-do lists, reminders, personal journals, and things you need to remember.
It is mature software, with a good feature set, yet remains lightweight.
There are no limits to the number of sticky notes you can create. Notes can be organize by groups and search using the search tool. GloboNote is multi-platform software, requiring Java 6 or higher to be installed.
- Create Reminders. Remind yourself of important events. Set recurring alarm, play custom sound (wav, aiff, au and mp3 formats), snooze timeout.
- Built-in calculator – evaluate mathematical expressions in a note. The allowable operations are +, -, * (multiply), / (divide) and ^ (power). It supports constants Pi and E. It also supports functions Sin[x], Cos[x], Tan[x], Log[x] or Log[x,y], Exp[x] and Sqrt[x].
- Organize notes in group. Display/Hide notes according to group.
- Customize notes. Change color, font, transparency, and behavior of your note such as protect and lock.
- Create Checklist/ToDo list. Insert checkboxes to your note.
- Create note templates and load it using hotkeys.
- Search Notes. Locate your notes using the search tool. Search while you are typing.
- Attach files on note then double click to launch it.
- Attach images from different sources (file, http, ftp, clipboard) to note.
- Paste image from clipboard to note.
- Open or resize attached images.
- Detect content’s URLs.
- Find/Replace the content of the note.
- Make note to always stay on top of other window.
- Roll up/Roll down note by clicking note’s title or make it auto roll up when not used.
- Support for rich text editing with bold, italic, colour etc.
- Restore deleted notes.
- Lock note to prevent unintended editing or deletion of note.
- Export note as plain text (*.txt).
- Save note.
- Print note.
- 3 states for your notes: notes are shown, notes are hidden, and notes are parked.
- Create Bullet or Numbered list.
- Protect Note or Group with a password.
Developer: William Chan
License: GNU GPL v2
GloboNote is written in Java. Learn Java with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to Notes Home Page | Return to Sticky Notes Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|
Sadly, Globonote seems outdated – last update was 2020 and it doesn’t seem to integrate at all with KDE.