DiabloRL is an open source roguelike “unmake” of the popular Blizzard game Diablo 1 classic RPG to a turn-based ASCII roguelike.
The game was created for the 7 Day Roguelike Competition, but has since been expanded with magic items, spells, more classes and levels, as well as fast travelling to known locations, and high scores.
DiabloRL gives you a choice of classes, the Warrior, Rogue, or Sorcerer. Each of these has different starting and maximum stats, as well as completely different play styles.
It is written using GenRogue’s Valkyrie Input/Output/GUI library.
- Faithful rendition of the Diablo 1 classic RPG to a turn-based ASCII roguelike.
- Choice of classes, the Warrior, Rogue, or Sorcerer:
- Warrior wades through the minions of hell, wielding deadly melee weapons with ease
- Rogue slips between groups of enemies with subtle grace, firing volleys from her bow to quickly bring down faraway enemies.
- Sorcerer wields powerful magic, calling upon them both from his knowledge and from the powers woven inside of particular staves.
- Magic items, spells, quests.
- Configurable keybindings.
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.