Brasero is an application to burn CD/DVD for the Gnome Desktop.
It is designed to be as simple as possible and has some unique features to enable users to create their discs easily and quickly.
It supports multiple backends: cdrtools, growisofs and libburn (optional). This maximizes hardware compatibility with a large range of different writing devices.
Brasero has replaced the Serpentine audio CD burning utility as the standard burning tool in the latest release of Ubuntu.
- Supports edition of discs contents (remove/move/rename files inside directories).
- Burn data CD/DVD on the fly.
- Automatic filtering for unwanted files (hidden files, broken/recursive symlinks, files not conforming to joliet standard, …).
- Supports multisession.
- Supports Joliet extension.
- Write the image to the hard drive.
- Checks disc file integrity.
- Write CD-TEXT information (automatically found thanks to gstreamer).
- Supports the edition of CD-TEXT information.
- Burn audio CD on the fly.
- Use all audio files handled by Gstreamer local installation (ogg, flac, mp3, …).
- Search for audio files inside dropped folders.
- Full edition of silences between tracks.
- Insert a pause.
- Split a track.
- CD/DVD copy: can copy a CD/DVD to the hard drive.
- Copy CD and DVD on the fly.
- Supports single-session data DVD.
- Supports any kind of CD.
- Copy encrypted Video DVDs (needs libdvdcss).
- Erase CD/DVD.
- Save/load projects.
- Burn CD/DVD images and cue files.
- Song, image and video previewer.
- Device detection thanks to HAL.
- File change notification (requires kernel > 2.6.13).
- Customisable GUI (when used with GDL).
- Supports Drag and Drop / Cut’n’Paste from nautilus (and others apps).
- Use files on a network as long as the protocol is handled by gnome-vfs.
- Search for files thanks to beagle (search is based on keywords or on file type).
- Display a playlist and its contents (note that playlists are automatically searched through beagle).
- All disc IO is done asynchronously to prevent the application from blocking.
- Brasero default backend is provided by cdrtools/cdrkit but libburn can be used as an alternative.
Developer: Philippe Rouquier, Luis Medinas
License: GNU GPL v2
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|