Activiti is an open source light-weight workflow and Business Process Management (BPM) Platform targeted at business people, developers and system administrators.
Its core is a fast and stable BPMN 2 process engine for Java. Activiti runs in any Java application, on a server, on a cluster or in the cloud. It integrates perfectly with Spring, it is extremely lightweight and based on simple concepts.
Activiti is licensed under the Apache License 2.0 to encourage widespread usage and adoption of the Activiti BPM engine and BPMN 2.0.
- Modeler – a web-based graphical workflow authoring interface. The Modeler is a fork of the Signavio Core Components project.
- Model editing.
- Import existing models (.bpmn or .bpmn20.xml file).
- Export model to BPMN XML.
- Convert deployed definitions to a editable model.
- Designer, an Eclipse plug-in for developing workflows. It can used to graphically model, test and deploy BPMN 2.0 processes.
- Create Activiti projects and diagrams.
- Graphical modeling canvas and palette.
- BPMN 2.0 XML files can be imported into the Activiti Designer and a diagram will be created.
- Generate a unit test.
- Engine, the core workflow processor.
- Explorer – a web tool to deploy process definitions, start new process instances and carry-out work on workflows. Out of the box, Explorer uses an in-memory database, but it is easy to switch to your own database.
- Tasks: Task management functionality. Here you can see user tasks from running processes that are assigned to you, or see group tasks which you can claim. Explorer allows to relate content, divide work into subtasks, involve people in different roles, etc … Explorer can also be used to create standalone tasks that are not related to any process.
- Process: shows the deployed process definitions, and allows to start new process instances.
- Reporting: Generate reports and view previously saved results.
- Manage: Only visible when the logged in user has administrator rights. Allows to administrate the Activiti engine: manage users and groups, execute and see stuck jobs, see the database and deploy new process definitions.
- Cycle – a web app for collaboration between business users and software engineers.
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Linux Around The World showcases events and usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|