vsftpd is an FTP server, or daemon. The “vs” stands for Very Secure.
vsftpd is an inetd-based service. It has achieved ~4000 concurrent users on a single machine, in a production environment. vsftpd has achieved 86Mbyte/sec download over Gigabit ethernet between
This is free and open source software.
- Virtual IP configurations.
- Virtual users.
- Standalone or inetd operation.
- Powerful per-user configurability.
- Bandwidth throttling.
- Per-source-IP configurability.
- Per-source-IP limits.
- Encryption support through SSL integration.
Developer: Chris Evans
License: GNU General Public License version 2
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|