Pure-FTPd is a fast, production-quality, standard-conformant FTP server, based upon Troll-FTPd. It includes the protocol basics, plus modern extensions like MLST/MLSD (extensible and mirror-safe directory listings).
The server has been designed to be secure in default configuration. Besides being easy to install, the software is used on embedded systems and highly loaded production servers, especially for hosting services.
This is free and open source software.
- Focuses on efficiency and ease of use.
- chroot()ed and/or virtual chroot()ed home directories.
- Virtual domains.
- Built-in ‘ls’.
- Anti-warez system.
- Configurable ports for passive downloads.
- FXP protocol.
- Bandwidth throttling.
- LDAP / MySQL / PostgreSQL-based authentication.
- Built-in secure cryptographic hashes can be used with any LDAP server, even those that are lacking support for these hashes.
- Multiple authentication methods can be chained in any order. For instance, SQL accounts, LDAP directories and system accounts can be used at the same time.
- Fortune files.
- Apache-like log files.
- Fast standalone mode.
- Text / HTML / XML real-time status report.
- Virtual users.
- Virtual quotas.
- Privilege separation.
- Firewalling – restrict the port range for passive connections, force the announced IP for masquerading gateways, or disable passive connections to deal with broken port forwarders.
- EPSV/EPRT IPv6 protocol extensions are implemented, and every configuration option and logging feature works with IPv4 and IPv6 as well.
- Optional support for an SSL/TLS encryption layer using the OpenSSL library.
- Internationalization support – all server messages are translated in English, German, Romanian, French, Polish, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Slovak, Korean, Swedish, Norwegian, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Czech, Turkish, Hungarian and Catalan.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, FreeBSD, Dragonfly BSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, OSX, AIX, MacOS, Solaris, Tru64, Irix, HPUX, and more.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|