OpenClonk is a free multiplayer action skill game where you control clonks, small but witty and nimble humanoid beings.
The game is mainly about mining, settling and fast-paced melees. OpenClonk is also not just a game but also a versatile 2D game engine that enables users to create their own modifications.
It is often referred to as a mixture of The Settlers and Worms. The game encourages free play but the normal goal is to build a mine and exploit the earth from valuable resources.
- Multiplayer through the internet.
- Many weapons and tools to chose from.
- 3D rendering.
- Revamped HUD (heads-up display).
- Tutorials to guide new players.
- Create your own scenarios, objects and campaigns.
- Countless possibilities to create your own scenarios, objects and campaigns.
- Versatile 2d game engine that allows players to create their own mods.
Clonk supports its own scripting language: C4Script. Object definitions and scenarios can contain a script. Function calls made from scenario scripts are considered “global” calls. Function calls made within an object script are considered “local” calls.
C4Script uses a C-style syntax. It includes operators, variable declarations, compound statements, conditional statements (if) and loops (for and while).
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|