Vim is a text editor that is upwards compatible to Vi.
It can be used to edit all kinds of plain text. It is especially useful for editing programs.
gVim adds a GUI to Vim.
- 24-bit color support.
- Graphical features including wiggly lines for spell-checking, and flexible cursor shapes.
- Mouse support including drag-and-drop for files.
- Customizable menu system.
- Scrollbars which scroll the Vim buffer.
- Tooltips – popup balloons.
- Integrated font support.
- Improved support for keybindings.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|