Firefly Media Server (formerly known as mt-daapd) is an open-source media server (or daemon) for the Roku SoundBridge and iTunes. It serves media files using Roku Server Protocol (RSP) and Digital Audio Access Protocol (DAAP).
This software includes support for static playlists (.m3u files), dynamic playlists using a script-like language, Web-based administration, and built-in mDNS (rendezvous) advertising using Apple’s ASPL mDNS responder.
There are a number of notable Firefly clients available including FireflyClient (Java based) and Crossfire (web-based).
- Support for MP3, AAC, Ogg, FLAC, and WMA.
- Support for on-the-fly transcoding of OGG, FLAC, Apple Lossless, and WMA.
- Support for Roku SoundBridge via RSP.
- Web-based configuration.
- Support for user-created smart playlists.
- Integrates with iTunes library including reading playlists.
- Supports serving streaming radio stations.
Developer: Ron Pedde
License: GNU GPL
|Want to find more awesome open source software? Check out our award winning open source software directory featuring more than 20,000 open source apps.|