QDirStat offers lots of other goodness. There’s far too much to cover in a single article.
Let’s just cover some of the most useful features.
A fairly new feature that’s been added concerns statistics showing how files sizes are distributed. There’s also a table showing the percentiles of the file size statistics, and buckets of the histogram as a table.
Other features include:
- Fast directory reading.
- Efficient memory usage.
- Expand tree to various levels.
- Breadcrumb navigation which makes traversing the file structure quicker.
- Hierarchical tree view that displays accumulated sums in each branch.
- Locate files by file type window.
- Package manager support – queries the package manager regarding what software package the file belongs to and displays that information in the “Details” panel. This is supported for Debian/Ubuntu based distributions, SUSE, Red Hat, Arch Linux and others.
Next page: Page 5 – Configuration
Pages in this article:
Page 1 – Introduction / Installation
Page 2 – In Operation
Page 3 – Clean up Functions
Page 4 – Other Features
Page 5 – Configuration
Page 6 – Summary