ArgyllCMS is an open source ICC compatible color management system. It supports accurate ICC profile creation for scanners, CMYK printers, film recorders and calibration and profiling of displays. Spectral sample data is supported, allowing a selection of illuminants observer types, and paper fluorescent whitener additive compensation.
Profiles can also incorporate source specific gamut mappings for perceptual and saturation intents. Gamut mapping and profile linking uses the CIECAM02 appearance model, a unique gamut mapping algorithm, and a wide selection of rendering intents.
It also includes code for the fastest portable 8 bit raster color conversion engine available anywhere, as well as support for fast, fully accurate 16 bit conversion. Device color gamuts can also be viewed and compared using a VRML viewer. Comprehensive documentation is provided for each major tool, and a general guide to using the tools for typical color management tasks is also available.
- Command line only collection of tool.
- Covers a wide range of needs from source or output characterization to monitor LUT loading and more.
- Supports many common (commercial and do-it-yourself) color meters such as the X-Rite i1 Display Pro and ColorMunki Display colorimeters.
- Suppport for ColorVision Spyder to produce an ICC monitor profile.
- Experimental support for ColorHug – an open colorimeter.
Developer: Graeme Gill
License: Affero GNU v3
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|