Scrabble3D is a highly customizable Scrabble game that not only supports Classic Scrabble and Superscrabble but also 3D games and own boards. You can play local against the computer or connect to a game server to find other players.
Scrabble is a board game with the goal to place letters crossword like. Up to four players take part and get a limited amount of letters (usually 7 or 8). Consecutively, each player tries to compose his letters to one or more word combining with the placed words on the game array. The value of the move depends on the letters (rare letter get more points) and bonus fields which multiply the value of a letter or the whole word. The player with most points win.
This idea is extended with Scrabble3D to the third dimension. Of course, a classic game with 15×15 fields or Superscrabble with 21×21 fields can be played and you may configure any field setting by yourself. The game can be played by the provided freeware program against Computer, other local players or via internet. Last but not least it’s possible to connect to a game server to find other players and to obtain a rating. Most options are configurable, including the number and valuation of letters, the used dictionary, the language of dialogs and certainly colors, fonts etc.
- Configurable board, letterset and design.
- Game against computer with support of multithreading.
- Post-hoc game analysis with calculation of best move by computer.
- Match with other players connected on a game server.
- NSA rating and highscore at game server.
- Time limit of games.
- Localization; use of non-standard digraphs like CH, RR, LL and right to left reading.
- Multilanguage help / wiki.
- Network games are buffered and asynchronous games are possible.
- Running games can be kibitzed.
- International rules including italian “Cambio Secco”.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|